Members of the Heritage Society are among the University of Hawaiʻi's most important constituents. Founded in 1998 the Heritage Society honors alumni, faculty and friends who have used charitable estate and gift planning to give to the University of Hawaiʻi.
During the Centennial Campaign, their support amounted to $87 million to the University of Hawaiʻi Foundation for the benefit of UH.
MEMBERSHIPTo qualify for membership in the Heritage Society, donors have made a gift through the UH Foundation using one of these tools:
- Charitable Bequest from a Will/ Revocable Living Trust
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
BENEFITSAs a Heritage Society member, you will enjoy
- Opportunities to network with other donors and meet leaders within the community
- Invitations to special events
- Attend members-only events and gatherings
- Listen to educational lectures held at one of the ten campuses
- Acknowledgement (with your approval) in a Heritage Society donor recognition list